4.26.2010

04/26/2010

This morning we took advantage of some sunny and mild weather to go play at the park. I've mentioned before that the 'big' camera intimidates me, and it does! BUT...Nick was playing with the kids and they were all just too darling to NOT capture on camera. So, here are my best efforts.

Lottie enjoys transferring stones from the ground to the slide. She does this every single time I bring her to this particular park:
Oh, so before you go giving me accolades on this floral picture, I should tell you that Nick took this one. I may or may not have requested he climb over a fence on the side of the freeway to get a picture of some of my very favorite wildflowers.
A peaceful toy transaction. For once!
I'm sure this picture deserves some sort of clever caption, but nothing is coming to me right at the moment. Priceless:
Yes, Nathan DOES make this expression each time we tell him to smell something:
My sweet boy. I just adore him!
Nathan loves everything about the playground. Here he is eying Daddy as Daddy performs the stunt in the following picture.
Yes, Nick is walking on top of the monkey bars. (Notice his new glasses. His first pair of prescription sunglasses and he is LOVIN' em!)
Nia Madelynn holds her newest 'Boo.' This one was given to her by an older gentleman at a garage sale this last weekend.
Lottie's adorable hair:
And...that's it! Hope you enjoyed!

Oh, wait! One funny story. We tried a new church yesterday and I was surprised to find that the entire portion of the song service was a capella. I looked around and couldn't spot a piano or keyboard or ANYTHING! After the service I asked a friendly looking churchgoer if this was the norm. She told me that the absence of instruments was based on the scripture which tells us not to 'add or subtract' anything from God's word. The church felt that it would be wrong to use instrumentation.

We won't be going back.

The response I wanted to give (but didn't), was "Miriam played a tambourine...Couldn't we at least get one of those?"

2 comments:

Grandpa Jones said...

Great Pictures!!

Enjoyed them all.

Love and kisses to everyone,

Mom Jones said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Thanks for sharing this lovely time with us! Yikes ... Nicolas! I see that look on Nathan's face ... watch out! :)